- Claimant and Defendant written work and court work
- All areas of personal injury work including Highways Act clams, Occupier's Liability Act claims, Employer's Liability claims and Road Traffic Accidents (including fraud and low velocity impact claims)
- Fatal Accidents
- HAVS/VWF/NHL industrial disease work
- Actions against the police
- Credit Hire cases
- Clinical Negligence
- PPI Implant litigation
- Accident abroad including jurisdiction arguments, Warsaw and Athens convention claims and Package Holidays Regulations claims
- Professional Negligence (including negligent conveyances, negligent surveys, negligent valuations and negligent legal advice)
- Advisory work in respect of procedure
Involved in a number of high value and high complexity personal injury actions in the County Court and High Court including actions with a value up to £1 million.
- Claimant and Defendant written work and Court work
- Landlord and tenant work, including rent possession actions and business tenancy litigation
- Charging orders, orders for sale, mortgage possession hearings and all other enforcement hearings
- Injunctive proceedings including freezing injunctions
- Personal and corporate insolvency
- Drafting shareholders agreements and Articles of Association
- Director's duties and rights of shareholders
- Restraint of trade (including injunctions) and breaches of contract of employment
- Intellectual Property litigation including trademarks and passing off disputes
- Sales of Goods and Consumer Protection cases
- Breach of Contract Actions
Experienced in County Court and High Court Commerical and Chancery cases. Regularly instructed in cases with value of up to £1 million and experience of cases worth up to £2.5 million.
Experience is settlement negotiations.
Advised a large multi-national company on its restructuring including TUPE and pension requirements.
Areas of Practice
University of Northumbria at Newcastle 2000-2004
Bachelor of Law (Bar Exempting) with First Class Honours.
This is equivalent to a First Class LLB Degree together with an outstanding award in the BVC.
Awarded the Baron Dr Ver Heyden De Lancey award from Middle Temple for the Highest Graduating Student (the student graduating on the BVC with the highest score)>
Awarded the Linda Sykes Memorial Prize from the University of Northumbria at Newcastle for the Best Graduating Student (the student graduating from the Bar Exempting degree with the highest average mark).