Miss Johnson was called to the bar by the Honourable Society of Middle Temple in July 2014 and successfully completed pupillage in December 2017 .
Prior to commencing pupillage, Miss Johnson worked as a Legal Assistant in a firm of solicitors specialising in Family Law.
Since joining chambers as a tenant her practice includes;
- Representing both parents and children in both private public law and family law proceedings
- Representing Local Authorities in public law proceedings
- Cases including – contested final hearings, Interim removals, cases involving non accidental injuries, cases involving allegations of sexual abuse, neglect, cases with issues in respect of designation, finding of fact hearings and cases with issues in respect jurisdiction. I also have experience in adoption cases and cases involving an international element.
- Experience in applications for non molestation orders an occupation orders
- Giving advice, guidance and support to solicitors and clients
- Carrying out legal research and drafting up legal documents including opinions, threshold documents, schedules of findings, advice and statements.
- Negotiating settlements
- Examining and cross examining witnesses
- Keeping up to date with national and international current affairs, law and policy.
Areas of Practice
2013 - 2014 Manchester Metropolitan University BPTC
2010 - 2013 University of Liverpool Law LLB with Hons
2003 - 2010 St Hilda's C of E High School
Bar Professional Training Course (grade competent)
ECDL - British Computing Society (pass)
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral
• Strong research and analytical skills, demonstrated in providing accurate advice to clients
• Excellent knowledge of family law
• Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information
• Able to work with high pressured environments and remaining calm and professional in all circumstances
• Ability to work with people from all backgrounds
Hobbies and interests
• In my spare time I enjoy watching movies, attending classes at my local gym, travelling on holiday and socialising with friends and family.