- Public law child cases
- Private law child cases
- Acting on behalf of Local Authorities/parents & children/guardians
- International child abduction
- Hague Convention
- Court of Protection
- Human Rights Act issues relating to children
- HEFA issues
Areas of Practice
Seminars and Training:
Clive Baker is very regularly invited to lecture and train Lawyers, Social Workers, Cafcass Officers and Judges.
By way of examples, in the last three years Clive has:
- Been invited to speak on various family law issues each year since 2004 to the Northern Circuit Family Law Day (Judges' training day organised by the Northern Circuit Family Liaison Judge)
- Undertaken training bi-annually for over 800 social workers each year on public law issues, giving evidence, writing statements etc.
- Undertaken seminars for the Liverpool Law Society at least twice each year and giving public and private law updates.
- Spoken at least twice each year at the bi-annual Cheshire and Merseyside Family Justice Forum conferences.
- Undertaken numerous seminars on varied family law topics in Liverpool, Manchester and London.
- Spoken at seminars for Child Concern (Manchester), Adoption Matters, The Northwest Consortium of Independent Reviewing Officers and various local authorities in the Northwest.
- Undertaken bespoken legal training for firms of Solicitors in Liverpool.
- Re S-W (Children)  EWCA Civ 27
- Re BR (Proof of Facts)  EWFC 41
- Re M (A child)  CA (Civ Div) 25/11/2015 - LTL 25/11/2015
- D v D (Fertility Treatment: Paperwork Error)  EWHC 2112 (Fam)
- Re J (A minor)  EWHC 2430 (Fam)
- Re Z (A child) (Egyptian fostering UK adoption)  EWHC 2963 (Fam) (23 November 2016)
Author of the Merseyside Family Justice Forum Website www.mfjc.co.uk