Chambers has enormously wide experience acting on behalf of both individuals and companies accused of, or being investigated for, fraud.
We provide clear advice from the earliest stages of an investigation and representation before the courts at any subsequent trial and ensure clients receive detailed knowledge of:
- the powers of the particular investigating body;
- the likely steps to be taken by the prosecuting authority;
- appropriate strategies to be adopted by the client when faced with such an investigation; and
- representation in all courts should a matter be pursued to trial.
Our aim is to provide a service that best meets the needs of the client (particularly where a criminal trial may ensue).
Members are frequently instructed prior to charge and advise at the investigatory stages on such matters as:
- the seizure of privileged material;
- legality of search warrants;
- the approach to be taken upon receipt of orders issued under section 2 of the Criminal Justice Act 1987; and
- tactics to be deployed pre-charge including the best approach to voluntary interviews, mandatory interviews and interviews under caution.
Call the team on: 0151 242 0704
Email the Fraud Team