Miss Bassinder joined Chambers in 2017 and enjoys a busy civil law practice. She accepts instructions on behalf of Claimants and Defendants, and regularly appears in trials and interlocutory hearings, in Fast Track and Multi Track matters.
Email Miss Laura Bassinder
Miss Bassinder has specific experience in personal injury claims arising out of:
- Road traffic accidents, particularly with regard to LVI and allegations of fraud/fundamental dishonesty and phantom passenger(s);
- Credit hire, including complex arguments in respect of enforceability;
- Workplace accidents, with an interest in claims relating to working from height, electrocution and machinery;
- Industrial disease, specifically NIHL, HAVS, and repetitive strain injury;
- Alleged breaches of the Occupiers’ Liability Act 1957/1984, particularly against schools, hospitals and supermarkets;
- Accidents on public highways; and
- Defective products.
Miss Bassinder has experience of personal injury claims arising out of cosmetic treatments, for both Claimants and Defendants. She has a special interest in claims involving historic physical and sexual abuse, particularly with regard to abuse perpetrated whilst in care.
In addition to her personal injury practice, Miss Bassinder regularly acts for both tenants and landlords in possession proceedings and claims under the Defective Premises Act 1972, Landlord and Tenant Act 1985, and Homes (Fitness for Human Habitation) Act 2018.
Miss Bassinder accepts instructions to draft pleadings, skeleton arguments and Part 35 questions, and advises on quantum, liability and procedure. She ensures a swift turnaround of paperwork. She is happy to advise at the early stages of proceedings, and conference with lay and expert witnesses.
Miss Bassinder provides training and seminars upon request.
EDUCATION AND MEMBERSHIP
Member of the Northern Circuit and the Personal Injury Bar Association
Called to the Bar by the Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn – 2015
BPP Law School (Manchester) – BPTC
BPP Law School (Liverpool) – Graduate Diploma in Law
University of Durham – BA(Hons) Modern Languages
Lord Denning Scholarship – Lincoln’s Inn
BPTC Moot Winner – BPP Law School (Manchester)