Prosecution and Defence
Between 1995 and 2012, Andrew prosecuted on behalf of the CPS and the Trading Standards Authority, and defended private clients. Cases included murder and serious violence, offences of public order, fraud, robbery, drugs offences, rape and serious sexual violence, money laundering, and copyright and trademark infringement.
Since leaving national practice in 2012, Andrew has pursued an international legal career including as a prosecutor for the EU Rule of Law mission in Kosovo (2012-2016), as a criminal justice adviser on behalf of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in Nigeria (2016-2017), and as a prosecutor at the Kosovo Specialist Chambers in The Hague (2017 -present).
Between 2016 and 2019, Andrew was graded Level 4 on the General Crime CPS Advocate Panel list.
Noteable National Cases Included:
- R v Hanson & Another (Liverpool) – Led Junior in a murder of another outside a Liverpool nightclub.
- R v Bull & Others (Liverpool) – Led Junior prosecuting a serious fraud involving large scale asset stripping.
- R v Richards & Others (Carlisle) – Defended in a large scale conspiracy to supply class A drugs.
- R v Eccleston (Liverpool) – Prosecuted for Trading Standards a large scale copyright infringement case.
- R v Southhall (Liverpool) – Led Junior prosecuting case of multiple rape of Defendant’s nieces and disabled daughter.
- R v Elliot (Carlisle) – Defended in case involving arson and perverting the course of justice.
- R v Hales (Carlisle) – Defended in child cruelty case involving abuse of the Defendant’s three children.
- R v Sowerby (Carlisle) – Prosecuted historic indecency and attempted buggery of two boys.
Notable International Trials:
- Prosecutor v JP (Kosovo) – Defendant indicted for tax evasion, organised crime, money laundering, fraudulent evasion of import duty.
- Prosecutor v AV (Kosovo) -Defendant indicted for organised crime and the trafficking of heroin.
- Prosecutor v JY (Kosovo) – Defendant indicted for organised crime and the trafficking of heroin.
- Prosecutor v X and four others (Kosovo)- Defendants who were serving police officers indicted for accepting bribes.
- Prosecutor v ES (Kosovo) – Defendant indicted for incitement to commit aggravated murder, rape, and extortion.
- Prosecutor v LJ (Kosovo) – Defendant indicted for attempted aggravated murder of police officers.
- Prosecutor v NU and nine others (Kosovo) – Defendants who were judges and lawyers indicted for issuing unlawful judicial decisions.
- Prosecutor v HT and another (Kosovo) – Defendants indicted for trading in influence.