Mr Lovell-Pank has defended in and prosecuted almost every kind of criminal case from minor theft and assault to contract murder and large scale fraud. Although he practices predominately on the South Eastern Circuit Mr Lovell- Pank has extensive experience in cases in Liverpool, Manchester and Birmingham.
- Firearm Offences
- Commercial Fraud
- Bribery and Corruption
- Large Scale Importation and Supply of drugs
- Sexual Offences
International Criminal Work
Mr Lovell - Pank has been widely involved with the Bar Council, the Criminal Bar Association, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and the British Council in programmes of judicial and legal reform and advocacy training of prosecutors and defence lawyers, particualrly in Europe and Latin America. The countries involved include: Bosnia, Holland, Russia, Spain, Argentina, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela.
Mr Lovell-Pank has been referred to in the The Lawyer as an "exceptional jury advocate" He is recommended by Chambers and Partners as a leading criminal silk. They have commented that he is "irrepressible...able to navigate his way through a sea of details effortlessly"
Areas of Practice
Mr Lovell-Pank was appointed Queen's Counsel in 1993 and is a leading Criminal Advocate. His areas of practice involves all aspects of criminal work acting for both the prosecution and defence. He is a strong proponent of the adversarial system, has a wealth of practical experience in the Court room and international experience of advising governments in the developement of their criminal justice systems. Fluent in Spanish, he has presented papers and given lectures in Central and Southern America. Mr Lovell-Pank has been a leading participant in the reintroduction of jury trials in Russia and is recognised as one the the United Nations advocacy trainers at the International Criminal Tribunal at the Hague.
Appointments and Memberships:
- Public Access Accredited
- Recorder of the Crown Court 1989 -2006
- A Chairman of Police Appeal Tribunals 1991 - ongoing
- Member of the International Bar Association (IBA) 1993 - ongoing (Council Member 2001 - 2005)
- Member of the IBA Human Rights Institute 1996 - ongoing (Council Member 200-2004)
- Member of the American Bar Association 1997 - ongoing
- Member of the Bar Council 1989 - 2005 (Chairman of the International Relations Committee 2001 -2005)
- Committee Member of the Criminal Bar Association 1989 -2006 (Chairman of the International Relation Sub-Committee 1993 -2006)
- Appointed Queen's Counsel 1993
- Chairman of the Bar Conference 1999
- Member of the Foreign and Commonwealth Pro Bono Lawyer's Panel 2002 - ongoing
- Elected a Bencher of Inner Temple 1998. Member of the Advocacy Training Committee
- Downside School
- Collegio Sarmiento, Buenos Aires
- London School of Economics
Bilingual in Spanish