- Solicitors' Negligence
- Clinical Negligence
- Personal Injury
- Trusts of Land
- Financial Remedy on Divorce
- Financial Remedy between Civil Partners
Areas of Practice
Grant Lazarus was called to the bar in November 1981. After 36 years' experience, he has refined his areas of specialism which are now divided fairly evenly between:-
- Solicitors' and Barristers' negligence - arising especially out of financial remedy on Divorce, or personal injury;
- The financial consequences of the breakdown of relationships (including marriages, same-sex marriages and civil partnerships) - as well as Trusts of Land claims, whether between cohabitees or other co-owners. This often includes the inter-play of Trusts of Land issues within applications for financial remedy on Divorce.
- Personal injury claims, including Fatal Accidents and serious Orthopaedic and Psychiatric injury.
Grant specialises in financial remedy work of high net worth, particularly those involving farms, companies, and high value pension arrangements. He receives instructions in relation to financial remedy, Trusts of Land, Solicitors' negligence and personal injury from all parts of England & Wales and travels extensively for Court appearances and Conferences. He is equally happy to undertake Conferences by telephone, even in complex matters, in order to help clients avoid travel and expense.
In addition to Court appearances that range from interim Applications and Costs & Case Management Conferences to Financial Dispute Resolution Hearings and Trials, Grant is very often instructed at Mediations and for Joint Settlement Meetings/Round Table Conferences. In terms of written work, he has very extensive experience in drafting Advices (in relation to liability, causation, quantum, likely outcome and compromise), Particulars of Claim, Part 18 Requests/Replies, detailed Schedules of Financial Loss, Part 25/35 Questions for Experts, and Skeleton Arguments for the purposes of all Court appearances and Mediations/Settlement Meetings.