Areas of Practice
Leszek specialises in family law. In public and private law proceedings he represents local authorities, parents and children through their guardians. He is regularly instructed in relation to applications for interim removal of children and composite final hearings. His practice areas specifically include:
- Care Proceedings
- Placement Proceedings and Adoption
- Applications for discharge of Care Orders
- Special Guardianship Orders
- Child Arrangements Orders (Residence and Contact)
- Deprivation of Liberty and Secure Accommodation Orders
- Non- molestation and Occupation Orders
- Forced marriage protection orders
- Discrete finding of fact hearings primarily involving domestic abuse
Recent case examples include:
- H v B  – Acting on behalf of local authority, successfully opposed the mother’s application for leave to oppose the adoption.
- A v N - Acting on behalf of a domestically abused mother in a finding of fact hearing. All 19 allegations proven, including coercive and controlling behaviour.
- H v C - Acting for a local authority, successfully obtaining a Secure Accommodation Order in respect of a child with repeated absconding, and repeated applications for Secure Accommodation Orders.
- L v J  –Acting for a local authority involving placement of the Child outside the jurisdiction under S.100 Children Act 1989 due to the child being subject to criminal exploitation.
- L v A  – representing the local authority in an application for a Forced Marriage Protection Order.
- H v C - applying to discharge a care order from 2018, and for the children’s placement to be regulated with the current carers subject to a Special Guardianship Order.
- S v M & F  – successfully acted for the local authority in revoking placement orders with respect to two children, and establishing the alternative care plan of long term foster care.
Leszek is qualified to accept direct access instructions.
Pro- Bono & Memberships
- Leszek frequently volunteers with the Temple Legal Centre (family law)
Leszek is an experienced civil litigator having cross qualified as a solicitor in 2018. He has extensive experience in personal injury litigation and general civil matters, including:
- Cases involving fundamental dishonesty
- Cases involving complex matters of medical causation
- Cases involving hire vehicles
- acting on behalf of a Football Club in an appeal at the FA
- Acting on behalf of an amateur golfer in disciplinary proceedings for alleged cheating
- an inquest on behalf of the family in relation to the conduct of a GP practice and hospital
- Professional negligence in actions against legal professionals
- Housing disrepair including cavity wall insulation claims
- Data protection claims & regulatory matters