Peter Harthan practices from 7 Harrington Street Chambers, Liverpool, and has extensive experience of all areas of personal injury work particularly in relaiton to:
- Road Traffic Cases, including the more specialist areas of fraud, low velocity impacts and credit hire.
- Public Liability Claims
- Coroner’s Inquests, particularly in respect of Industrial Disease
- Occupier’s Liability
- Employer’s Liability, including industrial disease and exposure to hazadous substances
- Product Liability
Recently instructed in the following high value cases;
- A brain injury caused by negligent exposure to Carbon Monoxide poisioning leading to life changing symptoms
- A fairground accident ride malfunction causing multiple injuries.
- Partial loss of a foot following a Fork Lift Truck injury.
- Poisoning by exposure to hazardous chemicals in cleaning product production.
- Fracture of multiple vertebrae and permanent restriction of movement caused by fall from height.
- Crushing of forearm in an industrial presser causing lifelong disability.
- “We have instructed Peter on a number of difficult matters and I have been impressed with his grasp of the fine detail and his sound and pragmatic advice. We had a successful outcome to a Personal Injury case recently where liability was disputed and he was instrumental in achieving this result.” John Ainley, Senior Partner, North Ainley Halliwell
- “Peter Harthan” is an engaging and brave advocate. If he beleives he is right then he sticks to his guns and really fights for his clients. He is thorough, pragmatic and user friendly. He has a good grasp of Credit Hire Law and is tenacious but at the same time, where required, measured and is a steady pair of hands. An impresive performer” Kevin Coyne, Partner Coyne Learmonth
- “Peter is a very good barrister who has always dealt with matters for me on a swift, efficient and thorough basis. He also has a realistic and sensible view towards retainers and fees. I have had no hesitation in recommending him to colleagues within the firm.” David Hughes, Solicitor, Minards Pavlou
- “Despite an independent witness, who was a driving instructor, blaming my motorcyclist client for the rta, Peter was prepared to represent my client on a CFA at Trial. The result was a 100% win for the client who phoned me the next day to thank me for instructing such an excellent barrister”, Rita Krumins, Partner, Canter Levin & Berg
Please follow this link to read all of Mr Harthan’s Testimonials.
Areas of Practice
A specialist Personal Injury and Common Law Practitioner who practices across all areas of Civil Litigation including contracutal disputes, employment law, personal injury, employer’s liability, occupier’s liability and product liability. Also Coroner’s Inquests, Fatal Accidents and Sports Disciplinary Hearings. He acts for both Claimants and Defendants.
Manchester Metropolitan University: BVC (Very Competent) 2007
Kalisher Scholarship award from the Kalisher Trust 2007
1994 to 1997 Oxford University (Lady Margaret Hall) – Politics, Philosophy and Economics (PPE) 2:1
1987 to 1994 Manchester Grammar School, A Level Maths, English and British Government & Politics all Grade ‘A’
1980 to 1987 St Chad’s Primary School, Uppermill, Oldham
Liverpool Barristers Cricket Team (Captain 2009- 2017)
Liverpool Rambler Football Club ( 4th Xl captain 2013 to 2017) not play on the Veterans team
Qualified Rugby Leaguw youth coach
Before entering legal profession, taught English in Shaixing, China and also worked in IT
Available on Request