- Personal injury Litigation
- Spinal injury claims
- Head injury claims
- Amputation claims
- Serious Orthopaedic Injury claims
- Serious Internal Injury claims
- Fatal accident claims
- RTA claims
- Fibromyalgia claims
- Employer’s liability and Industrial accident claims
- Occupational Stress claims
- Public liability claims
- Clinical negligence claims
“Exceptional with complex medical and technical issues” (Legal 500 2020) Personal Injury Leading Junior
“He is fantastic on his feet” (Legal 500 2018) Ranked Tier 1
“Experienced in high-value personal injury claims” (Legal 500 2016) Ranked: Tier 1
“Represents claimants and defendants in matters such as road traffic collisions, public liability and medical negligence cases” (Legal 500 2015) Ranked: Tier 1
Areas of Practice
Tim Grover was called to the Bar in 1991. Tim specialises in high value personal injury claims on behalf of both Claimants (50 percent) and Defendants (50 percent) and believes that his experience of working on both sides of the litigation fence can bring real benefits for his clients. Tim is regularly instructed in cases with a value well in excess of £1 million and tends not to be able to accept instructions in claims with a value of less than £100,000 unless there is some other interesting feature. Tim appears in court on a frequent basis and undertakes a wide range of advocacy work including interlocutory applications, case management conferences, Multi track trials, trials relating to quantum and causation, appeals and inquests. In terms of written work, Tim is very experienced in drafting particulars of claims, defences, skeleton arguments and Part 18 request/replies as well as providing written advices on issues such as liability, evidence and quantum. In particular, Tim is regularly instructed to draft detailed schedules and counter-schedules of financial loss and Part 35 questions for the attention of medical experts.
Tim Grover’s clients also include major insurance companies, self insured corporate defendants and NHS trusts.
Tim Grover is Head of Chambers’ Civil Team, Head of Chambers’ Catastrophic Injury Team, a member of Headway the Brain Injury Association, a member of The Spinal Injury Association and a member of the Personal Injury Bar Association.
- Totty v Snowden/ Hewitt v Wirral & West Cheshire Community NHS Trust (Re: Service of Particulars of Claim) 2001 EWCA Civ 1415,  4 AER,  1 WLR,  PIQR
- Thomas v Home Office (Re: Service of a Claim Form) 2006 EWCA Civ 1355,  1 WLR,  PIQR
- Palmer v Kitley (Re: Application of Blamire Award) 2008 EWHC 2819 QB
- Stoddart v Perucca (apportionment of liability between motorist and horse rider) 2011 EWCA Civ290
- Inquest into the death of the first motorist in the UK to be killed by the deployment of her own airbag
- Quantum cases also reported in Kemp & Kemp and Current Law
All written work can be emailed directly to instructing solicitors upon request.